If you’re reading this, I hope you’ve already checked out this story (also found here) in today’s paper about the airplane at Alabama. I just wanted to pass along some extra information that didn’t make it to print. Enjoy.
- A link to the ProRepublica story that first reported the tail number blocking can be found here.
- Try searching for N1UA on FlightAware.com and you’ll find this message.
- But there is some info on the plane owned by The Crimson Tide Foundation on this page.
- A detailed explanation of the Block Aircraft Registration Program is found here on the National Business Aviation Association website.
- The USA Today also wrote a little on the topic back in April. Find that story here.
This is a story I’ve been working on here and there since May. It’s a little bit of a departure from the normal preseason story, but I thought it could offer a small glimpse inside just how competitive all realms of college football has become.
Feel free to leave a comment on the topic by clicking the “Leave a comment” button below.