As promised, here is some extra info from today’s story on freshman wide receiver Michael Bowman.
- First, click here for the link to the 67-yard touchdown reception Bowman had against his future rival from Tennessee.
- Bowman’s high school coach Mark Mariakis on the receiver’s ability to perform in the clutch: “One thing about Mike, he’s at his best when he’s challenged. It just seemed like when we hit that last five game-run when we were playing for the region championship, he just responded well to the pressure and the challenge.”
- Marikis on Bowman’s future: He’s one of the guys who I think their best years are down the road. He just had one really ― putting everything together mentally and physically ― one high school season with all that.”
- In high school, Bowman was a star basketball player and competed in the long and high jump for the track and field team.
- Now that he’s focused on nothing but football (and school), Mariakis said he can’t imagine the kind of success he will enjoy at Alabama.