The home of Crimson Tide football is now ranked fifth among college football stadiums according to the new capacity released today by UA.
Bryant-Denny Stadium’s new capacity is officially 101,821 — up from 92,138 before the south end zone got the upper deck and luxury suites.
The complete rankings:
1. Michigan Stadium (Michigan) 109,901
2. Beaver Stadium (Penn State) 107,282
3. Neyland Stadium (Tennessee)102,455
4. Ohio Stadium (Ohio State) 102,329
5. Bryant-Denny Stadium (Alabama) 101,821
6. Darrell K. Royal Texas Memorial Stadium (Texas) 100,119
7. Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (USC) 93,607
8. Sanford Stadium (Georgia) 92,746
9. Tiger Stadium (LSU) 92,400
10. Rose Bowl (UCLA) 92,340
Here is the latest from outside the south end zone of Bryant-Denny Stadium. It looks like this feature is about to die since work is all but done.
|BDS expansion, updated Aug. 4 2010|