A late afternoon rain shower forced the Crimson Tide inside the Hank Crisp Practice Facility next door to the brand new weight room for its Wednesday practice. Here is the news:
- Amari Cooper is leading the wide receiver in drills. He is followed up by DeAndrew White who seems to be running fine after tearing his ACL last season. Chris Black is third coming back from his shoulder injury, while Kenny Bell is fourth and true freshman Raheem Falkins is fifth, before the scout team comes in from there.
Alabama does have Eddie Jackson and Robert Foster coming in for the fall as true freshmen.
- The drills also revealed some depth chart decisions made the the tight end and H-Back positions. Brian Vogler as the starting tight end alongside Harrison Jones as the first H-Back. Tight end Malcolm Faciane practiced with H-Back O.J. Howard as the second team and on the third team was tight end Kurt Freitag alongside H-Back Corey McCarron.
- Contact seems to be picking up in preparation for the first spring scrimmage, as we saw the outside linebackers go to battle with the tight ends and H-Backs in some rough blocking drills today.
— Brett Hudson (@Brett_Hudson) April 3, 2013
- Cornerback John Fulton was off the exercise bike and doing some light running drills in his first practice activity after injuring his toe against Texas A&M last season. He was not doing much, but he was moving. You can see video of that below.
Kevin Norwood, also trying to come back from a toe injury, is still out of practice.
- The wide receivers were doing a jump ball drill today, which I have never seen them do before. That could be something new wide recivers coach Billy Napier brought from Florida State. You can also see that drill in the video below.